top of page



About the Books


First off, our inventory is primarily used. In fact, about 80% of our books are gently used books; with the remaining 20% being new books that are either new releases, books we love, or books that cover subjects important to us and our community (diversity, LGBTQ+, minorities, human rights, strong women).


We get asked all the time: how much are the books? What’s the discount? Almost all of the used hello again books are at least 50% off the publisher’s price. We also took availability and quality into account when pricing to give you the best deal possible. Unless... they are rare finds! Books that we call "rare finds" are out of print, in high-demand, or just incredibly unique. And even in that case, we're still pricing these gems under market value. 


Where do we get all of the books?!? We had a decent collection of “like-new” books to start with, and we received donations from friends, coworkers, and total strangers (soon-to-be-friends and customers) who are ready to say goodbye to some of their old books to make room for new ones. We also check out estate and library sales throughout the Space Coast, Florida, and Georgia, searching for high-quality reads to sell at hello again books. 


We’re picky about the quality of the books we sell. We want you to feel good about buying a used book, and the book's quality is a big part of that. We’ve made every effort to select books that are “very good” quality or better. 


Used book quality 101:


  • Used - Like New: you’d have no idea this was a used book if we hadn’t told you! Like-new books sometimes have minor cosmetic defects (marks, wears, cuts, bends, crushes) on the cover, spine, pages, or dust cover. The dust cover is intact and the pages are clean and not marred by notes. The book might have remainder marks on outside edges.

  • Used - Very Good: It looks like someone read this book but, juuuust barely. Very good books have minor cosmetic defects (marks, wears, cuts, bends, crushes) on the cover, spine, pages, or dust cover and a few marks on the outside edges. It probably doesn’t have a dust cover or box set case.

  • Used - Good: decent condition; these books look like the book your best friend lent you after they read it and loved it! All pages and covers are intact (including the dust cover if there is one). The spine might be broken, and pages might have a note or two or some highlighting. May include "From the library of" labels, stamps, etc.

  • Used - Acceptable: This is one of those books that looks so interesting you’d buy it even if it were missing a cover (it isn’t, but it might be pretty old and scuffed up). The pages and cover are intact, but there are probably some notes, highlighting, or even water damage. But you can still read this little gem!  


Once in a while, you’ll find a book with hand-written notes, school or library stamps, or discoloration/fading like it’s been around for decades (it probably has!). We made exceptions for these books because they look interesting, are unique, or are in high demand (classics and best-sellers). 


Are we buying books/accepting trade-ins? No.


We DO accept donations.  

 If you’d like to make a book donation:


First of all, that's awesome! Thank you! We'd love to accept your gently used books. Please try to bring all of your used books during weekday business hours. It is extremely helpful if you bring the books in bags or boxes you do not need back, a choice allowing us to unpack them when we have time! Please call us if you have questions!

bottom of page